Not having made a card for a few days, I thought I'd have a go at making one and including it in quite a few challenges.
I've had a few personal challenges of my own the last few days, so this is my first opportunity to make one.
The challenges I'm hoping to enter my card into are:-
1) Creative Card Crew #44 - Valentines
2) A Spoon Full of Sugar #90 - recipe of 1 each of patterned paper, embossing, button & ribbon
3) The Pink Elephant Challenge #53 - Mushy Gushy Valentine
4) Charisma Cardz Blogspot #5 - I Love You
5) Truly Scrumptious Challenge #25 - Sketch, with additional buttons & bows
6) Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Love
This is a wonderful sketch to follow, I really enjoyed making it.
I printed out some valentine papers which I downloaded some time ago, and embossed some plain red cardstock which I had bought from The Paper Mill some time ago.
A few days ago, I bought some thin ribbon from HobbyCraft which has just opened near me, and I used some double sided tape on the back to stick down onto the card.
Instead of the flower on the design, I used a bow, topped with a button, to tie in with one of the challenges.
To finish the card, I used a silver peel off for the sentiment.
The picture on the front of the card is an image of a cavalier king charles spaniel, which looks very much like my dog Sam.
As I love him loads, I wanted to express it in this valentines card.
Below is the sketch which I followed and the card which I've made.
Thank you for looking!
Love, Karen xx