Tuesday 5 July 2011

Crafty Sentiments "Christmas in June" Challenge

I'm entering this challenge even though all my Christmas crafting items were tucked away in a corner, I felt they needed dusting off, to give them a little "outing" and this challenge from  Crafty Sentiments fitted the card I made perfectly, as their theme is Christmas In June.

The card had an oblong aperture in the front the card, and I stamped the Santa image onto the inside of the card, so it was visible through the aperture. I coloured the Santa Claus' suit, hat and mittens Berry Red, and gave him a caramel coloured belt and boots. I used pearl gems to simulate the snow. Then for the sentiment I  used a stamp which I've had for ages, since the first Christmas I crafted, but not used yet.  I matted that onto red card, and stuck 3 pearl hearts onto the side of the sentiment.

Thank you for viewing my blog, I hope you enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed making it!






1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card Karen, cute image and lovely traditional colours. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiment Designs and hope to see you playing along again.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me, it means so much to know you have taken the time to view my blog