Sunday 27 June 2010

Just Cute Bears Challenge # 23 & Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 75

I entered these challenges as I thought the image I had of a bear would fit into this particular sketch.
The challenges I've entered this card into are as follows:


1)  Just Cute Bears Challenge # 23 - Open theme 
2) Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge # 75 - Follow the sketch (picture below)


I didn't have any square cards and so I thought I'd take the chance and put this onto a rectangular card instead. I know I could of cut it down, but I liked the look of it on a longer card.
I used card from my cardstock and gems from my gem stash. The stamped image I coloured with promarkers and then I cut it out with a large circular punch (ok I know it gets rid of some of the lovely image but I got the main elements of the stamp in it).  Due to me not having a slightly larger or smaller circular punch and not being very good at cutting out freehand ones, I wasnt able to make a border around the bear, and I realise it doesnt look very much like I've cut out the circular  bear image  but I have.
I have  a new border punch, and so I used this to partially border the backing card, for a little more decoration.
I hope you like my card.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen Lovely sweet card love how you've used the border punch so pretty.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a cute image! Just adorable. Love the happy birthday on the little banner. How fun! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Karen...such a cut bear image and i love how the punch as made him look!...lovely border too!...thanks for joining us this week at Just Cute Bears...

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, lovely image!

    Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

    xx :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me, it means so much to know you have taken the time to view my blog