Wednesday 15 September 2010

Crafty Sentiments # 34 & Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge # 100

I was asked to make a card  for a friend who is mad on pink and purple, but I was stuck for a design or what to put on it, then I saw a couple of challenges and decided to combine making a card with doing a couple of challenges at the same time.
The people over at Crafty Sentiments are asking us to "use a digi", well that was simple! The other challenge from Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge  is that we follow their sketch design. Again, pretty simple!
I used a plain white square card blank which I bought from my local craft shop, then I added some lovely purple  mulberry paper which I have had in my craft box for ages, waiting for the right moment to use it. Today was the day! Then I added some pink card to the left hand side, and out of the same card, I punched a butterfly to use as part of the design instead of a second smaller circle. I added a felt glittery piece of ribbon and 3 gems for embellishment and topped it all off with a digi stamp which I won 2 weeks ago on another challenge!
As the card is for quite a young person I kept the card very simple, and I tried to make it "touchy feely" as she has learning difficulties and she loves feeling different textures. I thought with the smoothness of the card, the suede feeling of the ribbon, and the fact its glittery would attract her, and of course the mulberry paper is very tactile too.
My card is pictured below, I hope you like it.



7 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, so sweet, thanks for sharing with us this week over at Crafty Sentiments.

    Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is really nice, I love the beautiful purple colours and thanks too for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the butterfly and what an adorable image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Karen and I am sure will be popular with all those touchy feely bits. Great image too. Thanks for joining us this week over at Crafty Sentiments.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Karen! We'd be honored if you joined our following at Papercraft Star and entered some of your fabulous projects in our challenges! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice and the sketch goes great with the image!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment for me, it means so much to know you have taken the time to view my blog